I love baking because it's cathartic when I'm stressed, and it's one of my favorite ways of showing affection. I love providing for the people I care about, and cake makes everything better!
2. A time that mama knew best was when she warned me about this jerk I was dating. He was controlling and demeaning and awful, but my 15-year-old self was not listening to anyone! He was a huge waste of time, and I should have heard what she was saying.
3. My first kiss went a little like this ... it was on a cruise, actually (commence Love Boat jokes). My mom took my sister and me on vacation, and there was a boy in the "teen lounge" who I thought was really cute. In reality he was way older than me, and I should have held out for someone I would know longer than a week!
4. My celebrity crush is Sean Connery. Yeah, yeah, he's a million years old, but have you ever seen "Darby O'Gill and the Little People?" Google it. He's like 25 in it, and smokin' hot! PS, he sings in that movie :)
5. My splurge of choice is definitely going out to dinner. I know we won't always live in Chicago, so I keep wanting to try new places and enjoy everything in the city. It makes me cringe to think that between the two of us, we haven't even saved $1000 a year since moving here, because we eat all our money!
6. My biggest accomplishment is is it weird that it's hard for me to answer this? I always need to challenge myself and work on these huge projects, so I never feel like anything is "finished" or that I've "accomplished" it. I think I will definitely feel accomplished when I get into a PhD program .
7. My dance jam of choice is always dependent on my mood! I dance around to Rihanna and Britney, but I definitely like shaking it to jazzier instrumental stuff too .