Friday, June 3, 2011

fill in the blank friday

Happy Friday! I'm excited for this weekend because on Saturday I begin my new job as a server at Swanky Seafood Place. It's super far from our apartment, but it's a nice place, and I need to bank some cash before beginning the school year-- applying to PhD programs is EXPENSIVE. Aside from work, the hubs and I are having a picnic by the lake (see the post below-- I'm sorry about the layering; I think it's a widget problem but I am really bad with technology). I also have a book club meeting, and since OOTBF is back in town, we're going to dinner. I hope everyone has a great Friday!

 I love       baking   because      it's cathartic when I'm stressed, and it's one of my favorite ways of showing affection. I love providing for the people I care about, and cake makes everything better!


2.  A time that mama knew best was    when she warned me about this jerk I was dating. He was controlling and demeaning and awful, but my 15-year-old self was not listening to anyone! He was a huge waste of time, and I should have heard what she was saying.

3.  My first kiss went a little like this    ... it was on a cruise, actually (commence Love Boat jokes). My mom took my sister and me on vacation, and there was a boy in the "teen lounge" who I thought was really cute. In reality he was way older than me, and I should have held out for someone I would know longer than a week!

4.  My celebrity crush is   Sean Connery. Yeah, yeah, he's a million years old, but have you ever seen "Darby O'Gill and the Little People?" Google it. He's like 25 in it, and smokin' hot! PS, he sings in that movie :)

5.  My splurge of choice is     definitely going out to dinner. I know we won't always live in Chicago, so I keep wanting to try new places and enjoy everything in the city. It makes me cringe to think that between the two of us, we haven't even saved $1000 a year since moving here, because we eat all our money! 

6.  My biggest accomplishment is       is it weird that it's hard for me to answer this? I always need to challenge myself and work on these huge projects, so I never feel like anything is "finished" or that I've "accomplished" it. I think I will definitely feel accomplished when I get into a PhD program  .

7.  My dance jam of choice is       always dependent on my mood! I dance around to Rihanna and Britney, but I definitely like shaking it to jazzier instrumental stuff too  .

No comments:

Post a Comment