Friday, May 6, 2011

fill in the blank friday

Yay, it's my first official Fill in the Blank Friday! I wish I had more time to spend on this, but today is pretty packed. I need to research still more for this paper, I have a meeting on campus, and then there's the end-of-semester party at Poitin Still. I probably shouldn't go since my paper is in such bad shape, but I haven't had much of a chance to socialize with grad school people so far as a non-degree student taking only one class, and I'd really like to go out. Maybe I'll be really good and come home early... most likely I'll just be living on Amp energy drinks until Tuesday! Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day!


1.   What I love most about my home is       being with the hubs. I know it's cheesy, but we have a really great relationship. I also love all my books. I've been better this year about going to the library, but there's just something about owning them, marking them up, and all that. Yes, I am totally a printed word devotee!

2.  I'm excited because,    tomorrow is my secret anniversary with the hubs! It's kind of a long story, and I'll spare it, but we're going to one of my favorite restaurants, Webster's Wine Bar. Their bacon-wrapped dates and creme brulee are perfect!

3.  My preferred method for blowing  off steam when I'm frustrated is     I have to talk it out! Explaining my frustrations (even really quickly) helps me make sense of why I'm frustrated. It helps me clear my head, and then I can get re-organized and deal with whatever's bothering me.

4.  Currently I am craving   tomorrow night's bacon-wrapped dates and a champagne flight! I am really full from a too-big breakfast though, so it's kind of hard to think about food right now

5.  The thing I love most about my mom is     that she will drop anything to help me out, and that she is so crazy selfless. When I was younger (even in my young twenties), I didn't think I was anything like her at all. Now at 27 I find more and more things that I do/say are uncannily similar (the hubs even points out how I get all high-pitched when I'm excited) to her, which is so funny-- I guess you can't help sort of becoming your mother! I'm lucky though, because she's awesome!

6.  If I was going to write a book about my life, the title would be       "Well, I was going to write that book, but I had all these cakes to bake..." I bake a lot when I procrastinate. Someday (I'd like to think) I'll have a few books under my name, but someday seems pretty far off as a beginning grad student! In the meantime, though, you should come over for some blueberry muffins, I baked them yesterday.

7.  If I were to eat one thing for the rest of eternity it would be    omg this is too hard!I would need something that's both salty and sweet, so I could alternate between tastes and still be satisfied... it's a toss-up between garlic bread and a brownie sundae. I guess as long as I could still have wine I'd be okay :)
Have a great weekend with your mom!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to fill in the blank friday! Hope you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete