1. What I love most about my home is being with the hubs. I know it's cheesy, but we have a really great relationship. I also love all my books. I've been better this year about going to the library, but there's just something about owning them, marking them up, and all that. Yes, I am totally a printed word devotee!
2. I'm excited because, tomorrow is my secret anniversary with the hubs! It's kind of a long story, and I'll spare it, but we're going to one of my favorite restaurants, Webster's Wine Bar. Their bacon-wrapped dates and creme brulee are perfect!
3. My preferred method for blowing off steam when I'm frustrated is I have to talk it out! Explaining my frustrations (even really quickly) helps me make sense of why I'm frustrated. It helps me clear my head, and then I can get re-organized and deal with whatever's bothering me.
4. Currently I am craving tomorrow night's bacon-wrapped dates and a champagne flight! I am really full from a too-big breakfast though, so it's kind of hard to think about food right now
5. The thing I love most about my mom is that she will drop anything to help me out, and that she is so crazy selfless. When I was younger (even in my young twenties), I didn't think I was anything like her at all. Now at 27 I find more and more things that I do/say are uncannily similar (the hubs even points out how I get all high-pitched when I'm excited) to her, which is so funny-- I guess you can't help sort of becoming your mother! I'm lucky though, because she's awesome!
6. If I was going to write a book about my life, the title would be "Well, I was going to write that book, but I had all these cakes to bake..." I bake a lot when I procrastinate. Someday (I'd like to think) I'll have a few books under my name, but someday seems pretty far off as a beginning grad student! In the meantime, though, you should come over for some blueberry muffins, I baked them yesterday.
7. If I were to eat one thing for the rest of eternity it would be omg this is too hard!I would need something that's both salty and sweet, so I could alternate between tastes and still be satisfied... it's a toss-up between garlic bread and a brownie sundae. I guess as long as I could still have wine I'd be okay :)
Have a great weekend with your mom!